Thursday, April 24, 2014

unemployed? not a word for creative people

...they just happen to be sometimes"between project".

As Lawrence Zeegen says in the book "The fundamentals of illustration":
«Being freelance means that there are times when one is busy and other times when one is without work, or 'in between projects»
At those times, the hardest thing in the world is to get up from bed and reinvent yourself over and over again. It's hard to keep believing in yourself when you depend on someone else approval in order to make a living isn't it?
Brain keeps asking: « What am I doing wrong? Does my work speaks to people? My work is what I am, what I do... do I have worth? should I be doing something else?»

I've been there lots of times, what keeps me going is routine (running) and passion (working for illustration). So, I would just recommend you to work on your passion until it becomes what you are.
So when you wake up it's not a choice anymore. It's the only way to go.

No comments: